Yoga is an ancient mind-body practice which can be cultivated to create harmony and balance in our life. There are many published studies which suggest the benefits of yoga for all ages. It has been suggested that regular practice of yoga has a positive impact on the ability to cope with stress. Further, it can improve emotional regulation, mood, concentration and memory in children and young people (Hagen and Nayar 2014).
Available from: Researchgate Yoga for Young People’s Mental Health and Wellbeing accessed 21 Nov 2019
Bend and Breath Yoga is an integral part of Kidspire. We aim to integrate yogic principles related to postures, breathing, concentration, kindness, gratitude and building resilience into Occupational therapy practice. This is included as-
- Integrated yoga poses targeting specific parts of the body to develop balance, co-ordination, flexibility and strength training
- Specific breathing exercises targeting breath awareness, developing diaphragmatic breathing, developing breathing technique as a way to combat stressful situations
- Teaching concentration exercises informed from meditation
- Teaching the concept of mindfulness through practical and fun exercises tailored for kids.
Yoga Classes separate from Occupational Therapy service can sought through –
- Group yoga class for adults
- 1:1 /couples yoga class
- Yoga for parents (Specifically targeted for parents for after school run)
- Yoga class for children
For further details and enquiries to start 1:1 or group yoga class please contact on either of the following email addresses